Sunday, September 11, 2011

Updates And What Comic Reviews to Expect From DC's New 52

It's hard to believe that it's been over 10 years now since the 9/11 attack. I was still in high school at the time (I graduated college last year, in October), and I remember hearing the announcement over the loudspeaker. Everyone just kind of froze and didn't know what the heck to think. I had heard that my cousin (who lives in Bayonne, NJ) actually saw one of the planes crashing as he was coming over a bridge. Truly creepy. As always, I give thanks to those who work hard to keep our country safe everyday, and think everyone should take a chance to do the same.

To any tennis fans out there, the US Open this year has been absolutely amazing. The semi-finals have been especially stunning. Djokovic and Federer's match was the biggest highlight of all for me so far. The whole time, you thought Federer was going to end things with the third set, but Djokovic slowly began to perform a miracle by coming back with the third, fourth, and epically won fifth set. It was also quite a spectacle to see Djokovic getting everyone in the stadium to dance with him. Best of luck to him and Nadal in the finals!

I've decided I will not be reviewing all of the new 52 DC #1 issues, but still a decent amount. Expect reviews this week for Action Comics, Detective Comics, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, and Batgirl amongst others very soon, including next week's haul (Green Lantern included of course).

I'll also be picking up Star Fox 64 3D for the Nintendo 3DS today. I may decide to review this one if the remade features constitutes it.

Well, that's all for now. Check back often and have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment