Friday, December 23, 2011

Been A While Since I've Updated

Life has just been one crazy spiral this month, but it's all gotten much calmer and everyone around has become better for it. My grandfather recently passed away, and wasn't doing very well all month beforehand. He was an amazing man and I know he's resting calmly now with Grandma. I'd like to get past all of this though and instead talk about what I've been up to this month.

Well, it really all started with the end of November. I'm already going to say right off the bat that I don't know if I'll be reviewing any of the games that came out these last few months (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Gears of War 3, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Batman: Arkham City, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.). The reason for this is that there's simply been so many titles that it would actually be kind of strenuous to write them all. However, I think I will still write up a "Game Of The Year Awards" blog, as I think I could get enough of my thoughts out and still keep things going at a nice pace.

Outside of that horrible hobby that I somehow maintain a social life despite, I've also tried to remain caught up with all comics I've been frequenting (Amazing Spider-Man, Batman, Flash, Action Comics, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Sonic, Wolverine and the X-men, etc.). I also finally got to read Joe Kelly's "I Kill Giants." What a beautiful graphic novel that turned out to be! Reading about superheros is always fun, but reading about people who are not can be just as enlightening, if not better. This book will grab you with its interesting plot, and have you wanting to cry by the end. I'm very glad Mr. Kelly was nice enough to sign my copy, as this is a story I am going to take with me forever. I'm giving this the highest recommendation I can give a graphic novel (it's seriously that good!).

Since I was fortunate enough to get off of work for the next entire week (thank you unused vacation days!), I'll likely be trying to see as many of my friends as possible, as I don't get to see all of them nearly as often as I used to, what with being so busy all the time. I'll also see if I can get to the movies at all this week, as there's actually plenty to see now (though I doubt anyone would come with me to see movies like The "Muppets" or "Hugo" (is that one even playing anymore?)), but I'm sure I could get a small group going for "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" or the new "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows." Always wanted to read the Dragon Tattoo books, as I've heard they are all very interesting in the mystery sense.

And with all of that, I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful holiday season (Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanza, sitting at the bar drunk, whatever you're into). And let me know if you get anything awesome, as I'll be happy to let everyone know what comes my way. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment