Sunday, June 5, 2011

Anime Weekend (Will Take Any Suggestions!)

This weekend is AnimeNEXT 2011, one of NJ's most popular anime conventions, held about 10 minutes from where I live now (as opposed to Secaucus way back, though I admit I liked that location much more). I've decided after a lot of thinking, that I'd rather not go this year. There's a few reasons for this. First and foremost, there is absolutely nothing really new or spectacular to me about it this year. They have a majority of the same people from the last few years as guests, and while they are great people, I feel there's no need to go if they're going to be the only main attractions. Another reason had to do with my disgust at the way some of the events and panels were held last year. The majority of people working there treated me and my friends pretty badly (and based on the message board complaints, I was not alone). Due to all of this, I have decided to simply have a weekend spent with my girlfriend, watching anime DVDs all weekend. I have a list of all the shows I have (either some or all of) on DVD, and a few burned to disc (fansubs, etc.). If anyone has any suggestions they think would be essential to watch alongside this, let me know and I'll consider adding them too. My girlfriend is just really getting into this stuff for the first time (minus Sailor Moon and a few others, which she still loves). I haven't watched much anime lately (besides Tiger & Bunny) and really would love to get back into the spirit of things. Thanks in advance!

Akira
Astro Boy
Berserk
Big O
Bleach
Bo-Bo-Bo
Captain Harlock (1978)
Shinzo Ningen Casshan
Claymore
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
D.Gray-Man
Death Note
Detective Conan/Case Closed
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Escaflowne
Fist of the North Star
FLCL
Full Metal Alchemist
Gaiking
Gigantor/Tetsujin 28
Golion/Voltron
Mobile Suit Gundam/G Gundam/Zeta Gundam/Gundam Wing
Gungrave
Gurren Lagann
Hajime No Ippo/Fighting Spirit
Hellsing
Hellsing Ultimate
Hikaru No Go
Howl’s Moving Castle
Inuyasha
Kikaider: The Animation
Lupin III
Mazinger-Z
Naruto
Noir
One Piece
Outlaw Star
Panda-Z
Pokemon
Rurouni Kenshin
Saint Seiya
Silent Mobius
Soul Eater
Soul Taker
Trigun
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yu Yu Hakusho

2 comments:

  1. I have about most of the those show complete in dvd form. You should try Ultramaiden Valkeryie, Toradora, Tokyo Godfathers, and others

    ReplyDelete