Sunday, June 12, 2011

New York Comic Con And Anime Weekend Progress

Thinking about the fact that I did not attend AnimeNEXT this year, I started to ponder about the event I actually will be going to; New York Comic Con. So far, they've confirmed Robert Kirkman (Walking Dead, Invincible, Super Dinosaur, etc.), Mike Mignola (creator/writer/artist of Hellboy), Time Sale (Artist for Batman: The Long Halloween, Superman For All Seasons, Spider-Man: Blue, etc.), and more, with plenty of other acts to soon follow. Last year we had some absolutely legendary guests (John Romita Sr. and Jr., J. Michael Straczynski, etc.), but I'm thinking this year, there can be just as much fun had, if not more. The reason? Well, if I see less people that I want to meet and get autographs from, I can concentrate a lot more time simply walking around, possibly finding panels, amazing things in the artist alley, crazy sights in the dealers room, and some cosplays worth taking pictures of. Last year was kind of an overkill on people I wanted to see, and this year, there may not be nearly as much (awesome as the guests already are this year as well). Hope I'll be seeing friends of mine there as well (as I always seem to wind up seeing lots of people I know, regardless of the fact that we're in a whole other state).

Also, for anyone wondering, that little anime weekend plan I had with my girlfriend and I got cut a bit short due to some circumstances beyond our control. That said, on Saturday, we were still able to get in some segments of Gigantor, Escaflowne (1-3), Mobile Suit Gundam (1-2), Dragon Ball (1-3), and Dragon Ball Z (1-5). Hoping to get in Evangelion, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Full Metal Alchemist, FLCL, and at least a Miyazaki film next time. We'll certainly see how that goes.

Go to the link below for info about the convention, and if you're coming or considering coming, feel free to let me know.

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment